Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

For some odd reason, as soon as I can feel/smell that fall crisp in the air, I have the insane desire to bake pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I think they're the perfect fall dessert. I tried a new recipe tonight from www.allrecipes.com; they were a bit cakey but still pretty good. Also, I didn't put the nuts in mine, and used dark chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet. Yummy if you like dark chocolate!

Ingredients:
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 c. white sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 egg
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. milk
1 TBSP. vanilla extract
2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Add vanilla, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake for approx. 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.

Typing these directions, I realized I put an entire can of pumpkin in the recipe instead of just 1 cup. Perhaps that would explain the cakey-ness. LOL. **Typical me!** :)

Hope you enjoy!

AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment