Monday, November 8, 2010

The Me Story

Hello fellow foodies! Welcome to my kitchen - a magical place the size of a closet, where my 30-year old kitchenette dishes out delicious fare for friends and family. I decided to start this blog as a release from my "real" job - a 3rd year law student. For those of you that have been to law school, you feel my pain. For those of you who haven't, let's just say its "stressful." And by stressful, most days I alternate from wanting to bang my head against the desk and setting my foot on fire to escape the droning of any one of several boring professors. But alas, it is my hell, not yours.

Back to the subject at hand: FOOD. I love food. It's taken me 26 years to come right out and say it, but I really, really love food, and rarely meet a meal I can't find something about I like. Now, ok, I admit that I have thighs the size of tree trunks and could probably stand to lose... 30.... but that means giving up some of the things I love best. Not only do I love food, but I love cooking it as well. I love serving up mouth-watering home cooked dishes for friends and family; I love the look on their face when they take that first bite into something truly magnificent. Truthfully, I probably should have skipped out on law school and headed straight to Le Cordon Bleu, but, hindsight's always 20/20 I suppose, and hopefully (once I get the massive amounts of loans paid off I've racked up), I can spend the extra lawyering dough on some sweet kitchen gadgets, and maybe move into an apartment that's larger than the 450 sqft I have currently.

I hope to create a blog that is both an outlet for me, and a great recipe bank for my friends and fellow foodies. I am going to try to blog everything I make that's more complicated than tuna salad, and the recipes will run the gamete from appetizers, entrees, veggies, desserts, etc. Some will be "healthy" and some will have so much butter in them that your heart nearly stops. Some will be recipes from other folks (who I'll try to credit), some will be from recipes I've taken and "doctored" to suit my tastes, and some will consist of me throwing any and all foodstuffs from my pantry into a saute pan and seeing what happens. I'll also try to post pics when I can. So sit back, relax, grab your favorite dish, and ENJOY!!!

BON APPETITE!

AJ

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you jumped on the Blog bandwagon and even more excited that it's a food blog :)
    I'm proud to be your first follower!

    ReplyDelete